Turkey is a beautiful country with 19 UNESCO World Heritage Sites. Turkey attracts 16 million international visitors every year. It also simplified the visa process for friendly countries.
Today we are going to talk about the process of obtaining a Turkish visa for US citizens.
Things to remember before applying for Turkey:
Turkey is a country affected by terrorism. Many parts of Turkey are hyper sensitive in terms of security. The US government has issued travel guidelines for US citizens traveling to Turkey.
- Turkey is still the target of terrorist groups. So, when traveling to Turkey, always be vigilant.
- Continue to follow local media for such attacks. And modify your plan accordingly.
- There are numerous cases of arrests of US citizens for alleged ties to terrorist groups that appear politically motivated. So, when visiting Turkey, do not make any statement against the government. This may result in an arrest.
- Avoid all political gatherings.
- Join the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program to receive alerts and make it easy for the U.S. Embassy to locate you in foreign countries.
- Follow the US State Department on Facebook and Twitter to receive.
- The Turkey eVisa is valid for 180 days. It allows you to get multiple entries in Turkey. But, US citizens can stay up to 90 days in Turkey and not exceed the validity period to avoid any legal action.
Requirement for Turkish Visa for US Citizens.
Turkey offers an eVisa for US citizens, which makes it easy for a US citizen to get a visa for Turkey. Here is a list of requirements to obtain a Turkey visa.
- You must have a valid US travel document/passport with a minimum of 6 months validity. If you have dual nationality, make sure you submit your application with the same passport you wish to travel with.
- You must have a credit/debit card to pay the visa fee.
- You may be asked to prove that you have sufficient funds to finance your stay in Turkey.
- You must have a valid email address as you will receive visa related updates in your mail.
- Make sure you fill in the visa form correctly. If the information on your visa does not match the information on your passport, you will need to apply for a new visa.
- You do not need to print the eVisa as it is stored against your passport at immigration points in Turkey.
- You can stay for up to 90 days, and if you need to stay longer than 90 days, you will need to apply for another visa.
- eVisa is only valid for tourism and commercial purposes. Suppose you want to visit Turkey for other purposes like studies or something else. You must apply for the corresponding visa category. And for that, you will need to get a regular visa, not an eVisa.
Turkey eVisa Application Process?
The process of obtaining an eVisa for a US citizen is simple. You can get an eVisa in just 3 minutes. Here’s how to apply.
- Visit Turkey’s official website. https://www.evisa.gov.tr/en/
- On the homepage, click on the “Apply Now” option.
- Fill in your details correctly.
- After completing the form, you will be required to pay the $80 visa processing fee.
- That’s it. You can download your visa now.
Company Name: TURKEY VISA
Contact person: Juna ThompsonJonas
E-mail: Send an email
Call: +61 (08) 9364 3000
Address:4/90 King William Street
State: SA 5000
Country: South Africa