New Milford email hacking case postponed to August

0


Photo by Kendra Baker

TORRINGTON – The decision hearing for former New Milford chief information officer accused of hacking city officials’ emails has been postponed from July 24 to August 28.

Kendrick Protzmann, 52, faces eight counts of third degree computer crime and 41 counts of fifth degree computer crime for allegedly accessing the city’s email archive system without permission between June 10 and September 9, 2019, when he was no longer an employee of the city.

Protzmann was placed on paid administrative leave until Sept. 3, police said. His access to the email archiving system should have been revoked, but police said that did not appear to be happening.


After discovering that unauthorized access to the mail server had been obtained, New Milford officials contacted police and an investigation was launched on October 4.

The unauthorized access gains went back to Protzmann, who admitted accessing the mail server “to fuel his curiosity,” police said.

Protzmann reportedly downloaded 35 emails to and from senior city officials, including Mayor Pete Bass and Director of Personnel Greg Bollaro.

Protzmann is represented in Torrington State Superior Court by New Haven-based attorney William F. Dow.


Share.

About Author

Leave A Reply