This tutorial covers how to use the built-in 2FA code generator on iPhone. We will do our best to make sure you understand this guide. I hope you will like this blog How to use the built-in 2FA code generator on iPhone. If your answer is yes, please share after reading this.
Check How to Use Built-in 2FA Code Generator on iPhone
Apple can now generate the codes that are sent regularly via authenticator apps or SMS messages with iOS 15. Here’s how to set up the two-factor authentication services it has secured.
Data breaches and hacks are all too common these days. Enabling two-factor authentication is one of the sure ways to protect confidential data stored on your favorite websites and services.
Most websites use two-factor authentication to certify your identity before allowing access by issuing a unique code via text or email. Even more powerful is the use of an authentication program, which generates continuous codes that change every 30 seconds or so.
How to configure the built-in authenticator in iPhone in iOS 15
- Go to website or app settings (like Twitter or Facebook).
- Enable two-step verification and choose to receive verification codes through an authenticator app.
- Configure your iPhone or iPad as an authenticator app to automatically generate and complete these codes.
How to set up iPhone to generate two-factor verification codes by scanning QR code
If you have a computer or iPad nearby, follow these steps. In this example, I am using Twitter. Except for the first step, the remaining process for other websites and apps is the same.
- On an iPad computer, sign in to your Twitter account. Now click on More> Settings & Privacy> Security & Account Access> Security> Two-Factor Authentication> Authentication App. You will see a QR code. These steps vary by department. But the two-factor or two-step authentication option is mostly found in the Account, Password, or Security settings of the respective app or website.
- On your iPhone, open the Settings app and tap Passwords.
- Now, if you have already saved the Twitter password here on iCloud Keychain, scroll down and tap on it. If you haven’t set a password, tap the plus icon> enter the Twitter URL, your Twitter email and password> Done.
- Tap Configure Verification Code and choose Scan QR Code. Point the iPhone’s camera at the QR code you see on your computer or iPad screen.
- On your computer or iPad, click Next. Now enter the six digit passcode from your iPhone setup app here to verify. You have successfully configured 2FA codes in iOS 15 built-in authenticator. Here’s how to use it.
How to set up iPhone to generate two-factor verification codes without scanning the QR code
If you don’t have a computer or other device nearby, you can still set up iOS 15 two-step verification by following these steps.
- Go to the two-factor authentication settings for the app or website. From there, choose the Authentication App Method.
- You will see a QR code. You will also see an option similar to “Set up on same device” or “Unable to scan QR code”. Touch it and you will see a long string of numbers and alphabets. Copy this code.
- Open iPhone Settings> Passwords> App or website name> Set verification code> Enter setup key. Now paste the code here and press OK.
- Copy the six-digit passcode you see in iPhone settings.
- Open the website or app and tap Next. Now paste the six digit code here to confirm. Ended. You have successfully configured two-factor authentication for the service on your iPhone. Now let me show you how to use it.
Notes for step 2: Some websites and apps like Facebook make it easier. When you tap Set up on the same device, the iPhone password setup screen will instantly open and add the passcode. You don’t need to follow step 3 above. But you will have to follow steps 4 and 5 to verify. For some sites, you can also long press the QR code you see in Safari and tap Open in ‘Settings’.
How to Autofill 2FA Codes from iPhone’s Built-in Authenticator
Once you’ve set up two-factor authentication, it’s easy to use. When you log into any website or app, please enter the correct username and password. On the two-step verification screen, iPhone will display a hint to automatically complete the passcode. Touch to enter the 2FA code.
Final words: How to use the built-in 2FA code generator on iPhone
hope you will understand this item How to use the built-in 2FA code generator on iPhone, if your answer is no, you can request anything through the contact forum section linked to this article. And if your answer is yes, then share this article with your family and friends.